By Peter Shaffer
Performances November 11-20, 2016
Tickets: $16 Adults; $12 Active Military/ Student/ Children; Group rate of $12 per person with a minimum of 15 or more persons; $48 Family 4 Pack for 2 adults, 2 students on Thursday evenings and matinees.
In one hilarious act, the action supposedly in the dark is illuminated; when the lights are to be on, the stage is dark. Lovesick and desperate, sculptor Brindsley Miller has embellished his apartment with furniture and objects "borrowed" from the absent antique collector next door hoping to impress both his fiancee's pompous father and a wealthy art dealer. The fussy neighbor, Harold returns just as a blown fuse plunges the apartment into a blackout and Brindsley is revealed teetering on the verge of a very ripe farce. Unexpected guests, a tipsy spinster, errant phone cords and other snares impede his frantic attempts to return the purloined items before the light is restored. Rated PG-13
“Black Comedy” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC.
PERFORMANCES November 11-13, 17-20, 2016
- Friday, November 11, 7:30pm
- Saturday, November 12, 7:30pm
- Sunday, November 13, 2pm
- Thursday, November 17, 7:30pm
- Friday, November 18, 7:30pm
- Saturday, November 19, 2pm
- Saturday, November 19, 7:30pm
- Sunday, November 20, 2pm
All performances are presented at THE CEDAR STREET PLAYHOUSE, 701 North Cedar, Rolla MO, 65401.
Read Charlotte Ekker Wiggins' review for The Rolla Daily News.
- Brindsley Miller: NICK SCHAEFFLER
- Carol Melkett: LAUREN WERKMEISTER
- Miss Furnival: TERRI CHEATHAM
- Colonel Melkett: KEVIN EDWARDS
- Harold Gorringe: BRENDAN BOGGS
- Clea: PEYTON SHAW
- Schuppanzigh: JEFF WILLIAMS
- Georg Bamberger: GENO BEQUETTE
- Director: JOHN CONTINI
- Scenic Designer: JACK GOLDEN
- Lighting Designer, Master Electrician, Effects Engineer: CRIS ABBOTT
- Costume Designer: JANINE WILLIAMS
- Props Designer: LAURA LIGHT
- Master Carpenter, Sculpture Design & Construction, Light Board Operator: TEDDY HATLEY
- Stage Manager: TESSA NORMAN
- Assistant Stage Manager, Wardrobe: KATHERINE EDWARDS
- Dialect Coach: SABRA SELLERS